The fan is a common household appliance on the importance of which you tend to ignore until there is a power shutdown. While an air conditioner is an appliance that can keep you cool and comfortable, the cost of the appliance, as well as the energy costs, might not be affordable to all. That is why ceiling fans are preferred to beat the hot and sweaty weather as well as circulate air within the space. However, there are variants in ceiling fans. The three-blade fans, as well as four-blade fans, are popular.
Ceiling fan blades and its importance
The blade of the ceiling fan is vital for the circulation of air. The motor powers the blades. The blade size, as well as the number of blades, can influence the performance of the fan. When blades are more in number, and long air circulation would be better. However, sometimes air resistance can come in to play. This might reduce air movement. An increased air resistance that results from more number of blades can affect the functioning of the blades. They may then require a high-power motor to improve efficiency. The motor might become when the load increases. These are the factors that you should consider while choosing the fan with 3 or 4 blades.
The pros and cons of 3 blade fans
The pros associated with 3 blade ceiling fans include
- Pocket-friendly prices
- An aesthetically pleasing appearance that you have got used to
- Dynamic blade balance that reduces the chances for air resistance
The cons are
- Less airflow because of the lesser number of blades. It gets worse if the blades are shorter in length.
- There is a noise when they are switched on, and sometimes they can be very noisy while functioning.
- High speed does not necessarily result in the cooling of the room.
The pros and cons of 4 blade fans
The pros of four blade ceiling fans include
- Better air circulation
- Ideal for use in rooms with air conditioners
- Less noisy than fans with lesser blades
- They are stylish in appearance
- They consume more power than 3 blade fans because of the powerful motor they feature
- They are expensive
- They may move air slower in case of air resistance
When you are about to buy a ceiling fan you can go in for either a 3 blade or 4 blade ceiling fan because it is a matter of personal choice. But, it is better to make the decision after considering factors such as the size of the room, whether it is airconditioned or not, the length of the fan blade, the power of the motor , the style of the fan, the price, the brand, and whether it augurs well for your home. That way, you will not be disappointed with your choice nor would you have to compromise on the effectiveness of the fan. Explore the range of options available, shortlist the ones that would be effective for your space and choose one that is within your budget.