For your jaw-dropping, eyeball popping pleasures, here are some secret snippets of Simply Darlene…
- I’m vertically challenged, over a foot shorter than my tall man.
- Grace is not my middle name.
- Apparently my kin think I’m built like a brick outhouse.
- On that note, I was asked to join the football team in my high school daze.
- I grind my teeth, clench my fists, and don’t own a single pair of nylons.
- If someone is gonna beat around the bush, it ain’t gonna be me.
- My son has been known to compare his hairy legs to mine.
- Low-cut (aka bun-baring) Wranglers ought to be outlawed. (or at least come with a free pair of suspenders)
- If I wanna bath in a tub, I’ve gotta fill a horse trough in the morning and soak by moonlight that night. (outside, under the stars)
- James Herriot, Patrick McManus, & Erma Bombeck are the only literary giants in my house – I love to read ’em aloud and laugh ’til tears and snot run free.
- My recurve bow came in yesterday and my arm got spanked twice while shooting because I held the bow wrong – and I near about had pee running free. (remember that whole “Grace” thing from above? yikes.)
God made me in His image.
And for that matter, that’s how He made you too.
Does this scare you?
Or does it flat out knock off your stinky ole socks?
Country Girl Nugget O’ Wisdom for the day:
Rather than bemoan who you aren’t,
take a right tight grip
on who you are –
and go forth in
(peculiar, weird, oddball, goofy, hairy, uncoordinated)